Begins at 6:00pm and will conclude at 8:00pm- please arrive by 5:45pm.
A note from Melissa regarding the event -
"I'm super excited about working with these athletes and coaches on Friday night. Here's a few things that the coaches and athletes need to know about the event.
1. Athletes should wear athletic, comfortable clothing and tennis shoes. No need to wear practice or match gear. Just come comfortable.
2. Each team needs to bring the following with them:
-1 bandana for 1/2 the members of their team (team of 10 needs 5)
-1 toy or small stuffed animal that can not be broken. These will be tossed, so I would suggest animal toys or something along those lines. Please don't buy these things. If you don't have bandana's, small towels should do. Or scarves.
3. Each of the athletes and coaches should take the following online Enneagram test, prior to Friday night. We will be talking about the results of their test during the event. It's a personality test and it has about 40 questions."
Tournament Schedule- Click Here
-Facility will open at 7:00am
-Each team must check-in at table to left when you enter. All coaches need their roster and hotel form which is attached (even local teams)
-Play schedule note- in the 13's, 15's, 16's, and 17/18's divisions there will be cross over matches after the initial pools of three. Please look in AES to see where you play next. All teams will play a minimum of 3 matches on Saturday.
-Parents will enter through the gate. Gate cost is $5 for ages 12 and Up.
- Gimmedat Sports will be selling Tournament T-shirts and volleyball apparel.
Foley Event Center Courts #1-12
1001 E Pride Blvd, Foley, AL 36535
- NO FOOD is allowed down on the floor by the courts. Food is allowed in the Upper Mezzanines. The mezzanines have table seating and a great view of the arena and play.
- No Colored Liquids on arena floor. Only WATER is allowed on the floor. This rule applies to athletes, coaches, and parents.
- No Team Food Tables on Foley Event Center Grounds. Inside the facility or outside the doors or in the parking lot.
- The mezzanine tables that are provided by the Foley Event Center are for general use by all patrons. These table are NOT to be used as team tables. All unattended food on these tables will be discarded and the table returned to general use for ALL.
- No Personal Chairs can be brought into the Foley Event Center.
- We still practice our "SHARE YOUR CHAIR CAMPAIGN." Coaches and Directors inform your parents that after their child's team plays, if the team does not play immediately again, they should move to areas around the arena that allows other teams families to watch their child play. This includes moving if their team is the work team.
- Park in designated areas only on the concrete! DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS! The Event Center just complete a landscape improvement project and it is our job to keep it looking good and not park on the shoulder and medians.
- The Gulf Coast Region Event Security Team of Severance Security will be enforcing these Event Center Policies through the weekend
WORK TEAM INFORMATION
- Each Team should be reminded to pick-up their bench area upon conclusion of play each match
- When assigned work duties there is to be NO food at the scorers table
- Also, when assigned work duties in all divisions of play there must be a certified USAV member who has passed all levels of certification to serve as the work teams table monitor. This can be the Head Coach, Assistant Coach or Chaperone who has been Background Screened, who is Safe Sport Certified and who has attended that teams Scorekeeping Clinic as well as completed the Online Officials Training - these requirements remain in effect for each GCR Tournament.
- All 12-13-14 and under division teams must call the R2 position with a certified coach
- Please pay careful attention to work assignments, in Sunday brackets there are some divisions that the winners will ref the consolation matches.
Lower Alabama Volleyball Club
A volleyball club serving the Mobile and Baldwin County areas
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions